AbeBooks, an Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with sellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long-lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of "A Farewell to Arms".
About the role
At AbeBooks we work daily to help customers discover our marketplace and the millions of products available from sellers across the world. This is challenging and equally rewarding for a truly global marketplace for rare books, art and paper collectibles. As a Product Manager (Technical), you define the strategic vision for onsite search and discovery that delivers a delightful experience to our customers. You will partner with business experts, UX designers, marketers and software engineers by leveraging new trends in information retrieval, natural language processing, and machine learning.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, work well with technical stakeholders to identify and prioritize needs as well as effectively influence up and across the organization. They should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and data-driven decision-making. They will excel at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality search and discovery experiences that customers love.
• Design and own a multi--year product roadmap, balancing short and long-term goals alongside operational excellence work and the prioritization of the technical backlog.
• Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create specifications and architecture for search and discovery features and applications.
• Establish metrics and key performance indicators for success. Analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to identify key pain points.
• Build innovative concepts and champion them through senior management and other teams.
• Experience in leading product development start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across teams and serve as an effective liaison between business stakeholders and engineering.
• Evaluate emerging technologies and assess how we can apply them to AbeBooks product use cases. Foresee the consequences of design decisions and determine if the right technical trade-offs are being made.
• Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
• Roll up sleeves as necessary to ensure projects stay on schedule and meet our high standards of quality.
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and personal development days.
What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar.
Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning company.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree.
• Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or 1+ years of experience in software development.
• 5+ years of engineering, product management, or relevant working experience.
• Experience defining product strategies and executing on associated roadmaps.
• Experience working cross functionally.
• Experience with advanced SQL writing, building reporting, and statistical modeling.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Master's degree.
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with Product Search, Natural Language Processing, or Machine Learning.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, suggest and evaluate technical solutions, and manage trade-offs.
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for modern shopping experience.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Experience delivering innovative software products and services in a high growth environment.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.