Our client is an established global leader in sensor, software, and autonomous solutions that aspires to be the leading provider of technology to the mining industry. This is a great career opportunity for an individual with at least 5 years of mining / business experience in mining and working knowledge of practices around production and mine operations in Open Pit and/or Underground scenarios.
You have a strong sense of urgency & responsibility and sound strategic thinking and marketing skills, combined with indepth knowledge and experience in the mining industry.
You will be responsible for managing and supporting the business outcomes for the company’s products as directed by the Portfolio Manager, and in liaison with Marketing, R&D and other stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Services & Support teams).
- Act as chief liaison with stakeholders on product issues for the Mining business and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Customer engagement such as management and involvement in customer user forums and conferenc
- Has an existing understanding of customer needs and expectations across the mining industry as well as developing that undertraining in relation to the need of the portfolio of products to enable market driven product development.
- Work with the Portfolio Manager and the Product Steering Committee to introduce new features and products
- Create content for marketing materials
- Provide input into the pricing and packaging of new products
- Creation of business cases for major product enhancements and new product development
- Collaborate with the mining sales organization, development teams and customers to establish and prioritize product feature sets
- Establish, nurture and communicate the vision and roadmap for mining products based on input from key stakeholders
- In conjunction with operations, manage the timing and content of software releases in order to maximize business value
- Develop and track metrics of product performance to allow objective measures of a product to be used in supporting further developments / business cases.
- Develop succinct and clear requirements for Product Management Perform market, competitive, and customer research to understand customer needs and opportunities
- Keep up to date with existing and planned product offerings and changes in the market
- Management of the continuous product improvement and the development of the Mining group’s product portfolio
- Provide project status updates to the Product Steering Committee
- Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures, participation in audits and compliance with instructions
- A minimum of 5 years of mining / business experience in mining
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (B.A/BSc/BEng) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of practices around production and mine operations in Open Pit and/or Underground scenarios
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the mining industry
- Strong collaboration skills, including the ability to effectively manage remote teams
- Experience in preparing proposals and conducting formal presentations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels and functions
- Strong organizational skills, entrepreneurial drive and strong work ethics
- English is a pre-requisite; additional languages Russian/ French/Spanish highly desirable but not required.
- Travel will be a requirement of this role, up to 50%.
Compensation in the $80 to 120k range, commensurate with skills and experience. To learn more about this exceptional opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.
Construction, Mining and Trades Sales and Marketing