As dating is evolving, so are we. At Plenty of Fish, we are excited to introduce live streaming into the online dating experience as we strive to create the best experience possible for our users.
We are searching for a Senior Product Manager that has proven experience delivering engaging video-driven, digital experiences, such as live streaming and video messaging. This person would be responsible for defining the vision and strategy for our video products and how they enhance the online dating experience on Plenty of Fish.
Above all else, we are looking for someone who is passionate about relationships, who can empathize with our users, and create the best experience possible for them.
Sound like you? Great. We want to hear from you. What will you do?
You create and define the "What" and the "Why" as you consume information, both qualitative and quantitative, processing it into a vision and communicating and championing it, while working with the development and design teams who focus on the "how" and "when".
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- End-to-end ownership of your product domain
- Leading your cross-functional team to discover and write the job stories, specs, and acceptance criteria for new features and improvements
- Conducting rapid iteration, starting with prototyping, all the way through to production A/B experiments then full roll out
- Prioritizing the backlog and day to day work for your cross-functional team (Design, Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Engineers, and Ops) to deliver business and customer value on a regular cadence
- Monitoring key benchmarks, analytics, and experiment results every day to ensure the health of your product
- Experience leading a consumer video product as a Product Manager, such as live-streaming
- Proven history of making data-driven decisions to prioritize and ship products successfully
- Experience leading a cross-functional/agile team
- Self-starter and independent decision maker
- A natural communicator and active listener, who can inspire a team and share a vision to execs
- Advanced technical acumen with the ability to dive deep into technology with the Software Engineering team
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Design Thinking
- Engineering Management experience
- Startup experience
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our 150M+ users around the world.
We’re one of the leading brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH), and we still remain a small close knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.