Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don't have brick and mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We're looking for a Product Line Manager (PLM) to manage the Article portfolio of product for living room, dining room, bedroom, decor, outdoor, home office (specific room area focus for this role to be defined), striving to increase profitability of existing products, while expanding the catalog offering and driving the launch of new product lines.
The PLM will connect closely with the Product Development, Marketing, E-commerce, Creative and Sourcing teams in order to build a highly productive assortment of product for Article. This role will play an important part in supporting Article's financial targets, the 5-year product roadmap, ensuring a positive ROI and avoiding product duplication.
The PLM will own the product lifecycle management of all products that fall under their portfolio, in close collaboration with Product Development, Planning, Sourcing, Marketing, teams in order to support product execution, deliver against margin targets, and ensuring the on-time Launch of new products and collections and the retirement of under performing product.
The Product Line Manager will be a leader in the Product Management team. Responsibilities include:
- Create the strategy and tactics to anticipate and influence future business and customer needs.
- Overall responsibility to lead the defined portfolio of product for their portfolio.
- Lead the creation and execution of the annual product plan (Product Matrix) in order to achieve the Company priorities.
- Contribute to strategic decisions for the business area.
- Responsible for leading the product line work; portfolio prioritization, resource planning, and team development.
- Identify new opportunities and drive innovations in relation to their room area/portfolio.
- Lead cross functional initiatives together with other functional Managers/peers.
- Maximize sales and profitability by defining pricing and profitability acceptance levels according to product line maturity.
- Responsible for sales, clearance and phaseouts, partner with Marketing team to execute.
- Drive the Merchandising calendar, by recommending products and collections for campaigns according to performance mix and merchandising looks, partnering with the Creative team to execute.
- Customer focused approach. Taking Customer view of holistic experience that delivers on overall company strategy.
- Invest in the overall performance of the Product Line, making the appropriate trade-offs to get there.
- Develop and grow the Product Line Specialists in order to enable high performance.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a senior merchandising or related position.
- Excellent business and market sense with an ability to understand Article's aesthetic and recognize products that fit our brand. A deep interest in modern furniture, décor and interior design.
- Ability to interpret Insights and implement them to achieve the company objectives.
- Analytics capabilities, critical problem solving skills.
- Forward facing mindset.
- Personal resilience - you are able to provide and maintain support to colleagues, peers and Managers with an ability to pivot and re-adjust yourself according to Article's business needs.
- Trust-building - you have the ability to build and maintain the trust of your cross-functional partners by communicating change clearly and timely with foresight into how a change may impact them.
- Relationship Building - you have a proactive approach in building and maintaining relationships with your cross-functional partners as well as the ability to manage and influence effectively within a team-based work environment.
- Problem Solving - you are skilled at partnering with your cross-functional partners to a level that enables you to discuss problems and issues openly, bringing them to the surface earlier.
- Coaching - you have the ability to coach and mentor others through change as well as recognizing your own reaction to change to ensure that you maintain personal resilience.
- Clarity - Through clear language you are able to articulate and communicate change with an ability to deal in uncertainty as a personal capability.
- Leadership - you are a strong leader who takes action and creates resolutions while supporting Article's business goals with an owners mind-set.
- Follow-through - you start initiatives/projects that you can see through to the end, despite the difficulty level. You track progress and performance and know how to report out to key stakeholders.
- You have the ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in decision making, including substantial profit and loss responsibility.
- You possess strong project management skills and negotiation skills.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, keyboards, laser printing, wireless mouses, and the software you need to succeed.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a killer sushi joint just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We're open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.