Requisition ID: 132099
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a key member of the Digital Payments Product team, you will assume end-to-end ownership of the cross-border money movement vertical building its strategy and delivery roadmap. Leveraging your ability to organize and motivate teams, you will closely work with the other Product managers, Bank Stakeholders, Software Developers, and Designers to translate the customer journey directives into actionable backlog deliverables and follow through to completion. Is this role right for you?
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office
- Champions a customer focused culture to build frictionless, secure and transparent payment experiences and contribute towards improving the Product KPIs
- Leads the judicious vision and multi-year roadmap creation for the portfolio, alongside the Director of Digital Payments. Entrepreneurial mindset, curiosity and ownership to explore the unknowns, solve for all aspects of the product like Fraud, speed, scalability, revenue.
- Provides judicious oversight on the delivery of projects within the portfolio
- Owns the business line relationship with key business stakeholders, including executive leadership (SVP & VP), ensuring their requirements are translated into the right products and journeys. Manages expectations with effective communication
- Work closely with the business, compliance & other control functions, while always negotiating and pushing for the benefit of good customer experience & high business value
- Guides problem discovery to understand customer needs, current challenges, industry trends and best practices. Works closely with design and engineering partners to come up with solutions
- Works with analytics to monitor and assess key performance indicators (KPIs) such as sales funnel performance, penetration and engagement
- Use data to drive decisions. Build hypothesis, test & iterate to formulate an agile product development approach
- Maintain a prioritized backlog, support the creation of detailed user stories and participate in sprint planning & review activities. Engage day-to-day with the scrum teams, clarifying questions and helping with decision making
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
- This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
What's in it for you?
- You have 7+ years of experience in a role building customer facing digital products, preferably experience in Payments
- You have managed a technology product or a digital journey end to end, from inception to delivery
- You have managed a team of Product Managers
- You are knowledgeable about multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Agile/Scrum, Engineering, UX/UI Design, Sales and Marketing, Finance
- You are a master of identifying and solving ambiguous problems to drive customer and business value
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- You have a curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Your verbal and written communication skills are exceptional, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at different levels in the organizations
- It would be a bonus if you have experience in the financial industry
- Engineering, Computer Science or Business degrees considered an asset
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Engineer, Computer Science, Web Design, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance