Requisition ID: 132085
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Looking for a passionate senior product manager to lead a team responsible for the future strategy and deployment of the digital communications user experience. Through strategic vision, road mapping capabilities and initiatives, including proof of concept testing of new communication channels, that activate, engage and delight clients across all channels and moments that matter.
Reporting to the Product Director of Digital Communications, this role will lead, monitor, and supervise a group of Product managers and owners to achieve the overall future vision for the journey. A key connection between various teams and bank stakeholders to evolve and deliver on and evangelize the vision and strategy for our digital communications capabilities. Day to day this role will ensure highest quality user experience is delivered through overseeing work with various agile teams in close collaboration with the rest of the digital communications product team, design, and analytics.
This is a creative and challenging role, which will demand innovative thinking and initiative, resourcefulness, and stakeholder management. Is this role right for you?
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office
- Inspire, lead and monitor a small team of Product Owners and Managers within the Digital Communications journey
- Develop the vision and roadmap for digital communications customer experience, as well and create and maintain a detailed product backlog
- Play a senior role on the digital communications product team. Ensuring high quality and creative solutions are implemented for challenging problems
- Engage and partner with key stakeholders to support common understanding and PO vision across the organization
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the business and key stakeholders
- Subject matter expert of industry trends and innovations in client communications, user expectations and engagement
- Facilitate creative problem solving and turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-paced environment
- Lead cross-functional teams to conceptualize, define and implement new features
- Author, refine and approve backlog items, with clearly articulated "definitions of done"
- Prioritize user stories to best achieve business goals, ensuring sufficient depth of groomed items for development consumption and commitment
- Ensure user stories are clearly defined and the team understands the scope and expectation of work
- Facilitates all standard Scrum ceremonies for the team including Daily Scrums.
- Identifies, manages, and resolves Risks, Issues and Team Impediments.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
- This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
What's in it for you?
- University or College degree
- 5 years of related experience in digital product management or technical solutions
- Experience with Project delivery and leading cross functional teams
- Exposure to leading and influencing stakeholders
- Exposure to agile scrum teams and experience with common Agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, Story Mapping)
- Recognized Scrum Master certification & experience is highly desirable
- Marketing/ Digital Communications experience is highly desirable
- Exceptional working and practical knowledge of delivery frameworks for effective workflow visualization and management (Jira, Confluence, Kanban, Scrum Boards, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and push solutions
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Product Manager, Finance, Technology, Creative, Operations
Banking, Finance and Insurance