The mission of the Creative Design Department is to tell our brand story through the creation of beautiful product. THE OPPORTUNITY
As a member of the Creative Design Department, you will be part of the team responsible for creating beautiful, elevated collections for our clients to access through our growing Retail and eCommerce channels. You will support with the design of styles within full seasonal collections in partnership with a dedicated team, at a price point that allows you to work with the best mills and factories to ensure the design intent is realized. And, with the skills you gain in this role the opportunities are endless " from a rewarding career in Creative Design to continued growth within Aritzia. THE JOB
As the Designer , you will support with:
- Researching and documenting external marketplace trends across all relevant Product Elements
- Curating the seasonal interpretation of the brand vision by conceptualizing styles within a collection
- Ensuring that each style executes on the creative vision for the collection
The Senior Designer has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- Proven skills, education, and/or required certifications in product collection design, and the appetite to continuously learn and develop oneself
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- A sense of urgency executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- An ability to identify, evaluate, and suggest business opportunities for today and tomorrow, considering top line and bottom line impacts
- An understanding and a passion for the industry in which we operate and ability to bring learnings in-house to further enhance the business
- An understanding of Aritzia's brand, aesthetic and style fundamentals and is engaged in trends and cultural influences
- A desire to conceptualize, develop, and execute new ideas, designs, and products that will elevate Aritzia's brand
- Proven experience in setting the design direction of a fashion house
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.