Product Development Technician
The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We are a growing company with over 500 employees. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people. We are currently looking for Product Development Technician to join our team in our team in our Delta facility.
• Contribute knowledge of baking principles, product characteristics and processing parameters to assist in product/process development and improvement
• Coordinate and support production testing of new or replacement ingredients and/or formulations conducted by Master Baker or PDI team.
• Ensure that handling of test ingredients and formulations is as representative as possible compared to control, to minimize unrelated variability
• Measure and record key product and process characteristics, as defined by test objectives
• Isolate representative test and control products for comparison, presentation and sensory evaluation to support decision making
• Coordinate and conduct sensory evaluation to confirm acceptability and/or differences between control and test products
• Coordinate and conduct product handling tests to confirm performance under typical customer and market conditions
• Document and report test results, learning and recommendations
• Prepare small scale prototype samples for evaluation and presentation, as needed
• Coach production personnel to ensure they understand the process and the reason for specific production techniques and methods
• Conduct small scale testing at the bench level when required
• Food Science degree or Food Technology Diploma
• Ideally 5 years of experience in similar roles
• Experience in a commercial kitchen, commercial bakery or food production environment
• Commodity Development knowledge and or experience is an asset
• Culinary training or Food Technology training is an asset
• Strong ingredient functional knowledge
• Past sensory experience.
• Strong Excel experience and knowledge
• Familiarity with baking ingredients, processes and equipment
• Working knowledge of MS Office, SharePoint, Excel, ERP systems
• Strong attention to detail and follow through
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work independently and/or as part of a technical team
• Strong analytical skills
If you are looking for challenging position that allows you to utilize your technical and interpersonal skills to drive results and make a difference, then send your resume with the subject line “Product Development Technician” to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for applying, however only shortlisted ones will be contacted.
Connect with employer:
About The Original Cakerie
The Original Cakerie is Canada's leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer.
We have been operating in BC for over 33 years and in 2008, added a second, brand new f...