The mission of the Creative Design Department is to tell our brand story through the creation of beautiful product.THE OPPORTUNITY
As a leader in the Creative Design Department, you will be responsible for creating beautiful, elevated swimwear collections for our clients to access through our growing Retail and eCommerce channels. You will design full seasonal swimwear collections with support from a dedicated team, at a price point that allows you to work with the best mills and factories to ensure your design intent is realized. And, with your valuable contribution to the business in this role, the opportunities are endless " from a rewarding career in Creative Design to continued growth within Aritzia.THE JOB
As the Design Director, Swimwear you will lead to:
- Ensure that the swimwear brand vision is aligned with the marketplace opportunity
- Validate that the right external swimwear marketplace trends are identified across all relevant Product Elements
- Curate the seasonal interpretation of the brand vision by conceptualizing the entire swimwear seasonal collection
- Ensure that each style works together to achieve the creative vision for the swimwear collection
The Design Director, Swimwear, has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- Proven skills, education, and/or required certifications in full product collection design, and the appetite to continuously learn and develop oneself
- Proven experience in setting the design direction of a fashion house
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- A sense of urgency executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- An ability to identify, evaluate, and suggest business opportunities for today and tomorrow, considering top line and bottom line impacts
- An understanding and a passion for the industry in which we operate and ability to bring learnings in-house to further enhance the business
- An understanding of Aritzia's brand, aesthetic and style fundamentals and is engaged in trends and cultural influences
- A desire to conceptualize, develop, and execute new ideas, designs, and products that will elevate Aritzia's brand
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.