The mission of the Creative Design Department is to tell our brand story through the creation of beautiful product that meets customer demand THE OPPORTUNITY
As a leader in the Creative Design Department, you will be responsible for creating beautiful, elevated collections for our clients to access through our growing Retail and eCommerce channels. You will design full seasonal collections with support from a dedicated team, at a price point that allows you to work with the best mills and factories to ensure your design intent is realized. And, with your valuable contribution to the business in this role, the opportunities are endless - from a rewarding career in Creative Design to continued growth within Aritzia. THE ROLE
As the Design Director , you will:
- Ensure the brand vision is aligned with the marketplace opportunity
- Identify external marketplace trends across all relevant Product Elements
- Curate the seasonal interpretation of our brand vision through the lens of our Product Elements
- Ensure that each style executes on the creative vision across all relevant Product Elements
The Design Director has:
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia's Values, Business and People Leadership principles
- The drive to take on new challenges with the self-motivation for continuous personal and team development
- An ability to set the standard for operations, investing in world-class processes to boost team and business results
- The skills to collaborate strategically with cross-functional partners in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The ability to set clear objectives and inspire the team to reach their highest potential.
- The leadership qualities to design a vision and strategy that motivates the team
- Proven and best-in-class skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in design and the commitment to continuously learn and develop oneself and inspire growth in others
- A dedication to quality and investing in results that add value to the business at all times
- A proactive and entrepreneurial sense of urgency and ability to prioritize important work
- A keen eye for identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- A deep understanding and commitment for the industry in which we operate
- An industry connector building relationships and bringing learnings in-house
- A key representative of Aritzia's brand, aesthetic and style fundamentals while setting trends and influencing culture.
- The driving force behind conceptualization and execution of ideas, designs and/or products that elevate Aritzia's brand
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Our in-office, world-class bistro and café
- The SET - Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Employee Assistance Program - 24/7 support, resources, and information available to you and your family
- Aspirational Workspace - Every detail is considered to connect to the energy of the culture
- Dog Friendly Office - Bring your best friend to work
- Amenities - Facilities include private parent's room, bike storage rooms, and shower facilities with complimentary conveniences
- Talent Mobility Program - From out of town? no problem - we offer a highly supportive relocation program
- Competitive Pay Packages - A commitment to performance based pay increases and career progression
- Product Discount - Our famous product discount, online and in store
- Health Benefits - Comprehensive health, vision and dental packages for eligible employees
- Extras - A multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos, on-site medical care and more.
- Health & Safety - Industry-leading health and safety precautions, including on-site screenings, mask and distancing protocols, and cleaning supplies
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.
Software and Programming