Amazon Web Services () is looking for an experienced Customs Strategy Manager to drive compliance solutions and strategic product compliance projects in support of 's expanding global businesses. As a compliance leader in a fast-paced environment, you will leverage your product compliance, lab management and compliance/risk management knowledge to translate complex issues into opportunities. Alongside our growing team, you will use a combination of subject matter expertise, program management skills and business acumen to think outside the box and influence direction. You will make an impact by executing core functions such as; conducting due diligence to identify compliance requirements, recommending and implementing control mechanisms to manage product compliance risk, managing supplier coordination and vendor compliance, coordinating with local product testing/lab partners and providing strategic input into 's global growth. You will successfully balance the complexity of global compliance requirements with simple, innovative processes that . This role will include interacting with and influencing a variety of internal and external stakeholders including Development, Datacenter Engineering, Services, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Tax, Public Policy and other partners.
is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global -based services including compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, deep Machine learning, robotics, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and . This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world's fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and dedicated people. GTPC is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure equipment necessary to support the services are imported/exported in a compliant manner across the multiple countries where operates and will expand.
• Lead and coordinate cross functional teams to develop and implement the supply chain compliance strategy and programs
• Manage resources, SOPs, and tools to develop and deliver programs, materials and other related resources that supports the overall GTPC vendor compliance strategy.
• Develop cross-functional processes and provide input on the creation of tools to assess compliance and coordinate issues across product and regulatory subject matter experts
• Provide in region support for supplier and lab partner communication, including tracking external party performance and corrective actions
• Influence 's strategic approach via routine guidance to establish new programs and technology
• Work cross-functionally to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
• Triage and help to resolve compliance issues that arise; identify and drive implementation of process improvements to prevent recurrence
• Develop and oversee change management and continuous process improvement - including input to audit and oversight mechanisms
• Provide requirements, test cases and iterative input on develop of new tech features and tools
• Develop and maintain internal and business-facing wikis, guidance, and resources for compliance
• Educate leadership on the appropriate execution of compliance requirementsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience providing support for trade (import/export) and/or product compliance, or similar regulatory matters,
• A curious, critical thinker, with meticulous attention to detail, excellent judgment, and the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways; ability to apply abstract and difficult concepts to the practical needs of our business operations.
• Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• College degree relevant technical degree
• Prior government/regulatory agency experience preferred8+ years of regulatory legal or technical experience
• Multiple language proficiency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Software and Programming Management and Executive