Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and remote network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Production Manager
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, B.C.
As a Product Assembly/Test Technologist, your duties will involve the manufacturing and testing of leading-edge satellite products for military, government, and high-end commercial applications.
- Working with production documentation, such as Bill of Materials (BoMs), and CAD drawings;
- Working on mechanical, and/or electrical assemblies and subassemblies of satellite terminals;
- Participating in delivering quality products on-time to our customers;
- Maximizing and maintaining quality as per the latest production standard, test and BoM accuracy;
- Assisting in the transfer of designed products to manufacturing;
- Executing unit level and system level tests;
- Performing product verification testing of customer product before shipment;
- Maintaining departmental test equipment and environment;
- Maintaining records of solutions, set-ups and results; and
- Performing other important activities, such as continuous improvement of our products process through time and cost reduction.
- Willing to work weekends from time to time, and be flexible with hours
- Diploma/Degree in Electronics/Electrical Technology Program;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience;
- Knowledge in production documentation and mechanical and electrical assemblies;
- Knowledge in electrical components and ESD control;
- Experienced in detailed assembly and integration procedures;
- Knowledge in RF communication principles;
- Appreciation of production systems including MRP, ECOs, inventory transactions and LEAN manufacturing principles
- Fluent in the use of MS Office programs;
- Experience in LabView Program would be considered an asset;
- Technical training in mechanics and computer applications would be considered an asset;
- Good communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Willing to learn and train others
- Positive working attitude
- Safe working practices
- Excellent problem solver
- Good organization skills
- Good time management skills
- Goal oriented
- Clean work habits
- Able to work without close supervision
- Understanding of the Lean principles in manufacturing
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude/abilities for high precision work.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com and include the following:
- Subject line: Full name and “Product Assembly/Test Technologist – JB234”:
- Cover letter (optional)
No recruiters please.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Manufacturing and Production Maintenance and Technicians