Producer Punjabi-OMNI News
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
If you speak, write and read Punjabi and a have a passion for news, then OMNI news wants to hear from you. We are looking for a talented producer to lead our team of journalists who deliver stories that resonate with Canada's Punjabi community in BC and across Canada. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Punjabi community, a strong background in journalism and a commitment to innovation.What You'll Be Doing...
What you will bring...
- Lead a diverse team of journalists to produce OMNI Punjabi: National and OMNI Focus Punjabi BC newscasts
- Guide daily and long-term editorial plans of the Punjabi team including coverage of breaking news and development of original stories
- Take a lead role in vetting content to make sure it meets editorial standards
- Develop and coach the team to maximize performance
- Collaborate with the digital team to increase OMNI's digital footprint
- Write daily stories and promos, when needed
- Seize on every opportunity to innovate in the delivery of relevant content in the most timely, efficient and effective manner
- Collaborate with Rogers Sports & Media teams in the production of content
- Build a strong network within the Punjabi community
Here's what you can expect in return:
- This is a Punjabi language show, so you must be able to speak, read and write Punjabi, and have a minimum basic working knowledge of English
- You have a deep understanding of the Punjabi community in BC and across Canada
- You have strong editorial judgement and know how to vet stories for different platforms
- You have experience leading people
- You know how a TV newsroom works; live news, control room and field production experience is an asset
- You are willing to explore new ideas and approaches to content and production
- You are an excellent communicator, especially in pressure situations
- Because this position manages the Vancouver team, you should be based in Vancouver
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Working in concert with your manager, a hybrid split between in-office and at-home work
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 260524
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Vancouver, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications