Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for a Full Time Producer/Anchor !
Are you looking for an opportunity to help shape the editorial direction of a major Vancouver newsroom? Are you passionate about telling stories that matter to Vancouver and its diverse communities? Are you driven to create content that captivates hearts and minds, and forces change? Then NEWS 1130 has an exciting opportunity for you. What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Collaborate with a team of journalists to identify and properly resource the most compelling stories, across multiple platforms, with a focus on on-air newscasts
- Coach and guide that team to the ultimate goal of service the audience, by providing them market-leading storytelling
- Build, from scratch, the daily newscasts that make up a significant portion of our award-winning news brands exposure in Vancouver
- Perform on-air newscasts with authenticity
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A passion for storytelling - you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- Editorial expertise! You know what matters to Vancouver
- Ability to find original stories about people and issues which reflect Vancouver's exciting and diverse communities
- The curiosity needed to break stories and challenge norms as a bold, strategic and creative thinker
- An understanding of the needs of a 21st century, multi-platform newsroom
- A digital-first mindset with an understanding of the challenges facing journalism today
- A willingness to put team interests ahead of your own. You want to be here to do a good job, but also have fun doing
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily deadlines
- Because news never stops - a willingness to work evenings and weekends
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A newsroom environment where you will be heard and supported, and where you can bring your whole self to work
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- All the gear you need to do your job
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & News Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Media Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology
Find similar jobs: