Job Description Summary
The Contract Manufacturing Category Manager will manage the business relationships between STEMCELL and Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs). The CMO Category Manager will use in-depth knowledge of global manufacturing and supply chain regulations, combined with excellent facilitation and organizational skills to lead the cross-functional effort to identify, onboard and manage STEMCELL's global CMO relationships.The CMO Category Manager will be responsible for developing the strategic relationship with our partners, including negotiating quality and commercial terms as well as collaborating on strategies to reduce manufacturing and supply chain risks. The Category Manager will work closely with STEMCELL's internal teams (Product and Process Development, Quality, Business Development and Operations, Supply Chain Operations, Finance) to develop and realize STEMCELL's long-term global contract manufacturing strategy.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador of Procurement both externally as well as within STEMCELL; represent Procurement in cross-functional meetings and projects; act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert for Procurement activities; ensure cross-functional stakeholder engagement in Procurement activities by facilitating a culture of collaboration and responsiveness; work within the Procurement team to improve existing functions and to develop new areas of responsibility
- Successfully lead campaigns with internal stakeholders for sourcing, selection and onboarding of CMO partners; conduct routine evaluation of global contract manufacturing capabilities; develop and maintain a robust database of sourcing campaigns and routine global scanning events
- Work with internal project teams to facilitate technology transfer of products from STEMCELL to CMOs
- Identify and facilitate teams of internal stakeholders that will collaborate on routine production activities; on quality, technical and supply chain optimization initiatives to reduce costs and mitigate quality, manufacturing and supply chain risks
- Proactively identify areas of supply risk (demand, supply, environmental and business continuity) and work with CMO partners and internal stakeholders to develop and implement risk management strategies
- Implement supplier relationship management principles for contract manufacturing partners; establish internal and supplier-facing business review cadence to monitor performance and identify improvement opportunities; facilitate effective routine meetings between stakeholders and business partners, as well as internal meetings by maintaining logs of key discussions points, actions, decisions, as well as risks; identify escalation paths in both organizations to facilitate issue resolution and acute supply risk management
- Work with internal stakeholders and CMO partners on quality and supply agreement negotiations; operationalize contracts by ensuring adherence to contract commitments by all parties
- Present category updates to upper management and cross functional teams, as required
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a procurement, sales, supply chain, program or project management discipline; work experience should demonstrate a progression of responsibilities and knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in technology transfer, manufacturing and supply chain is required
- Experience with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality management systems and cGMPs is required
- Effective oral, presentation and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills is required; experience communicating with and influencing all levels of management is an asset
- Capability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams and deliver complex objectives under aggressive timelines is required
- Experience in supply negotiations is an asset
- Strong business analytical skills and comfort with identifying data needs and sources is required; extensive experience with Microsoft Excel is an asset
- Experience with SAP, R+ or demand driven operating systems is an asset
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics