Reporting to a Technical Superintendent, Metallurgy Control, the Process Production Engineer is accountable for providing technical and metallurgical direction to Trail Operations.
Join us in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern, British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package. Come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the maintenance and continuous improvement of a Safe and Healthy-working environment through personal commitment to the principles of the Trail Operations Safety and Health Policy and ensure personal compliance with the specific Safety & Health System responsibilities as defined our policy
- Identify process and metallurgical deviations in a timely fashion and maintain appropriate control instructions that promote stable and profitable operation
- Ensure metallurgical performance fits the relevant process design and meets expectations outlined in the production planning cycle
- Participate in improvement initiatives that expand knowledge of process fundamentals necessary to further define and improve performance metrics
- Assist in the development of and provide direction to assigned Technologist(s) or EITs on a daily basis
- Collaborate and facilitate exchange of information and expertise with other Trail Operations groups
- University degree in Chemical, or Metallurgical Engineering or in Chemistry
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in the mining industry or environment
- Eligibility for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC)
- Proficiency in the use of at least one of the mainstream mine engineering software packages
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Good critical thinking, data analysis and problem-solving skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Process Engineer, Sustainability, Engineer, Mining, Engineering, Energy
Construction, Mining and Trades