20380 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
Intercontinental Pulp (BC17) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. Engineer/Technologist, Process - Pulp The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently seeking a motivated and experienced leader to join our team as a Process Engineer/Technologist.The Role:
The Process Engineer/Technologist will participate as a member of a cross-functional team providing technical leadership and guidance as follows:
- Reviewing new and existing processes to achieve production, product quality and cost optimization as well as environmental control
- Collect, analyze and use operational data to lead, develop and implement Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives.
- Identifying process problems and limitations through daily inspections, testing and liaison with Production, Process Control, Engineering and Maintenance personnel
- Working with Process Control Engineers to optimize control strategies and minimize process and quality variability
- Seek, recognize, define and solve problems to achieve business objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause and viable engineering solutions
- Compiling production and cost reports for the department
- Serve on committees, task forces and teams as assigned.
- Candidates will possess a degree in Chemical Engineering and are a member of, or eligible to register with APEGBC at least as an Engineer In Training (EIT) (title "Engineer") or have a related diploma from a Technical college (title "Technologist").
- 3-5 years industry experience, Preference will be given to candidates with Pulp & Paper experience.
- The ideal candidate will also have proficiency with computer-based data analysis tools and process modelling software.
- Proven experience using manufacturing analysis tools, such as: SPC (statistical process control); design of experiments; process capability studies; Six Sigma; Others.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are also necessary as is the willingness to work in a team environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Positive teamwork orientation
- Expertise in manufacturing processes with a demonstrated ability to translate that expertise into cost, quality, and/or capacity improvements is a plus
- Experience in a variety of technical and/or operational assignments in the pulp & paper industry is a plus
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities. Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Social Media, Paper, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing