Closing Date: June 11, 2023
Reporting to the Superintendent Process Control, the Process Control Systems Analyst's primary function is to develop, design and maintain efficient process control in a heavy industrial setting. The role also requires analysis of operating data, identifying potential problems, and initiating corrective action.
This role is in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Implement control system configurations, modifications, and strategies to meet operations' requirements
- Use expertise, knowledge, and experience of processes to recommend, perform or direct modifications to process or control systems hardware or software
- Complete routine control systems maintenance tasks and checks of software and hardware, troubleshoot system failures, and provide repair and upgrade services to ensure the availability of the control system to meet operational needs
- Provide services to Operations by working with operations personnel and process engineers to modify and improve process control logic, graphic interfaces and systems that facilitate improved operator efficiency
- Support maintenance and project groups to facilitate planned work and upgrades in an operating plant and during maintenance shutdowns, and to provide support during plant start-ups
- Design or make modifications to process control or plant processes to improve and ensure product quality, worker safety and health, environmental protection, and plant production
- Advise operations and technical personnel to define, implement and enforce standards, guidelines, and procedures relative to control systems equipment and programming
- Graduation from a recognized Technical Institute with a Diploma in Instrumentation, Chemical, Electrical, or Computer Science Technology
- Greater than 5 years of experience in the configuration and maintenance of process control systems in an industrial plant
- Preference will be given for industrial instrumentation or electrical trade
- Superior ability to apply various process control and troubleshooting techniques to improve process operation or solve operational problems
- A high level of working knowledge and experience in computer systems and networks,
- Configuration experience in Foxboro I/A or ABB Distributed Control Systems would be an asset
- Configuration experience in Modicon Quantum PLCs (utilizing Control Export and Unity Software) would be an asset
- Configuration experience in Wonderware InTouch Software for industrial plants would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to demonstrate operating procedures, train, and direct users of control systems, write reports, update control narratives, and maintain records
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Systems Analyst, Coal Mining, Computer Science, Instrumentation, Technology, Mining, Engineering
Apply now »
Banking, Finance and Insurance