September 2023 Duration:
8 months Location:
Trail Operations - Trail, BC Application Deadline:
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until all positions are filled Why consider Teck Resources Ltd. for your co-op Placement?
Teck hires more than 200 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations. Teck has been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada's Top Employers program for the past six years, and was included in the Forbes World's Best Employers 2021 and 2022 list and Canada's Top Employer for Young People 2022 and 2023 . Teck is also ranked #1 in the Minerals and Mining Industry on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for 12 consecutive years, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies. Trail Operations
is an integrated lead-zinc smelting and refining complex located in Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern, British Columbia. Trail Operations has over 26 different operating plants and processes concentrates and other materials from around the world to produce more than 290,000 tpy of refined zinc and 70,000 tpy of refined lead. Check out this link to learn more: Teck Trail Operations Innovate with Teck
Digital technologies are transforming our industry and contributing to improvements in every step of the mining process. We enhance our productivity, safety, sustainability, and growth by putting smarter ideas to work and creating advancements in our technology and practices. At Teck, we embrace new ideas and employ them. Teck fosters a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward, test innovative approaches, and implement technologies that help make us a better company. Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd:
- Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. In everything we do, Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage
- The opportunity to work on challenging projects alongside a team of professionals who are experts in their respective fields. You will experience a combination of projects in the field and office
- Competitive salary for our co-ops as well as assistance with travel costs and co-op fees
- Make an impression! Successful co-ops with Teck are given first consideration for professional positions upon graduation
- Working towards an Undergraduate degree in Electrical, Automation, Metallurgical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and have an interest in Process Control
- Familiarity with drawing programs like AutoCAD and Visio
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite® of applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of DCS/PLC hardware architecture and control logic would be an asset
- Previous work experience in a technical or engineering environment is an asset
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment, with a willingness to work outdoors, and able to operate vehicles in various weather conditions and terrain
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the capability to communicate complex ideas to all levels
- Participation in Teck's health and safety programs to ensure that everyone on site goes home safe and healthy every day
- Upgrade and development of process control systems hardware, and data analysis
- Create and evaluate innovative ideas and technologies to help improve our control systems
- Gather and analyze data to identify key trends and determine the root cause and develop solutions.
- Collaborate with engineering and operations to organize, schedule, manage costs, and monitor the progress of projects
- Day-to-day troubleshooting in an operating plant environment with an understanding of industrial processes and equipment.
- Process simulation and optimization, and laboratory test work
- Create and evaluate innovative ideas and technologies to help improve the way we do business
All students will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing prior to commencing work. Proof of a valid work permit will also be required, if applicable. Lifestyle
At Teck, we have a variety of flexible schedules that can offer you a work-life balance. Teck also offers the chance to live and work in some of the world's most amazing locations where year-round local attractions and recreational choices are unlimited for the outdoor enthusiast. The area has world-class mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and fly fishing all at your doorstep.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
#LI-SS1 Job Segment:
Entry Level Engineer, Process Engineer, Controls Engineer, Sustainability, Chemical Research, Engineering, Energy