Position Title Probationary Regular Faculty -- Music Technology Posting Number 00555F Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range $69,753-$111,776. Placement on the faculty salary scale is based on education, professional certification and experience and will be in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Position Type Faculty - Probationary Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 01/03/2024 End Date Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
The Music Department in the Faculty of Language, Literature and Performing Arts is seeking to hire two probationary regular faculty members to teach in the Music Technology Diploma program and in the Advanced Certificate in Applied Audio program. The Music Technology Diploma program runs in the Fall and Winter semesters. The Advanced Certificate in Applied Audio program runs in the Summer and Fall semesters.
The successful candidates will be qualified to teach several of the following courses:
MUSC 1173: Studio Set Up and Maintenance I
MUSC 1273: Studio Set Up and Maintenance II
MUSC 1182: Introduction to Music Technology
MUSC 1282: Introduction to Audio Recording
MUSC 1177/1277/2177/2277: Fusion Band
MUSC 2173: Live Sound and Recording I
MUSC 2273: Live Sound and Recording II
MUSC 3273: Advanced Live Sound Applications
MUSC 3172: Post Production I
MUSC 4172: Post Production II
MUSC 3272: Immersive Audio for Games I
MUSC 4272: Immersive Audio for Games II
MUSC 4271: Immersive Audio for Music
Depending on the applicants' qualifications and expertise, the available work could be packaged as two part-time positions or one full-time position and a part-time position.
Workload is assigned each year based on available sections.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Probationary Regular Instructor - Music TechnologyResponsibilities
The successful candidates will
- plan, organize, and manage learning activities and maintain quality learner-centred instruction;
- assess and evaluate students' progress and achievement;
- participate in curriculum development and maintain currency of courses;
- engage in outreach and student recruitment;
- attend meetings, share in departmental responsibilities, and participate in committee work; and
- maintain currency in the field through professional development activity.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- a minimum of a Master's degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience;
- demonstrated professional experience in immersive audio for music and/or;
- demonstrated professional experience in immersive audio for games and/or;
- demonstrated professional experience in studio set up and maintenance and recording techniques and/or;
- demonstrated professional experience in live music production and/or;
- demonstrated professional experience leading ensembles in various styles;
- a demonstrated ability to work with a population of diverse adult learners;
- a strong commitment to maintaining and growing enrolment;
- a commitment to Department and College service;
- excellent communication skills, demonstrated initiative and creativity, effective interpersonal skills, and self-directedness;
- evidence of ongoing professional development.
- a record of successful teaching at the post-secondary level would be an asset.
- experience with curriculum development and revision would be an asset.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 10/16/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a CV and cover letter are submitted online. Please be sure to indicate clearly the courses for which you would like to be considered. Applicants are encouraged to review the departmental course offerings and highlight any related teaching experience in their application. Course details are available on the College website.
Applicants are encouraged to include links to video recordings of live or studio performances and/or any other relevant media demonstrations or applications.
This position will remain open until filled with a first review date of October 31, 2023.
We will be holding online interviews the week of November 7, 2023.
All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/11457
Education and Training