Line of Service
Entrepreneurial & Private Business (EPB) - GeneralManagement Level
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career in our Accounting and Tax Reporting practice, within Private Company Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory services to resolve their day-to-day business issues and to help them achieve long-term success. You will advise clients on their local tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant, and will help them manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. Our team helps our clients with accounting and complex tax reporting. You will focus on planning and executing notice to reader and review engagements; drafting and filing local financial statements; reviewing personal trust and corporate income tax returns, and other tax reporting forms; and will assist with year-end planning and bookkeeping.COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
: Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future : The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details What you'll create and do
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
• Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
• Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
• Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
• Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
• Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
• Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
• Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
• Collaborating with others independently or within a team environment. What you'll bring to this role
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• Creativity in problem solving in today's dynamic environment, bringing your perspectives to the stakeholders
• Hands-on experience in accounting software such as Taxprep, CaseWare or similar softwares
• Drafting financial statements including notes
• Experienced in review engagements
• Understanding of ASPE accounting standards
• Understanding of Canadian tax and ability to prepare tax returns for corporations, trusts and partnerships
• Excellent client relationship management skills
• Experience in an accounting firm is an asset Why you'll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc See how you can create your future at PwC
www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/create-your-future.html Get to know us
Check out our careers blog to hear what our people have to say and discover a place where you can bring your passions and whole self to work. https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/blog.html Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it's not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s'engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu'il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d'autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d'adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu'il nous fera plaisir d'examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l'essor des entreprises. Ce n'est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n'hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.