595 Burrard Street
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO's Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO's Careers page.
Qualified First Nations / Métis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO's ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
BMO Private Wealth is a multi-disciplinary wealth advisory team. We offer a comprehensive range of strategies and solutions in private banking, investment management, trusts, insurance, and financial planning. Our holistic, proactive approach helps affluent individuals and families achieve their wealth goals at all stages of their lives.
The Private Banker develops, manages, retains and grows profitable banking relationships with high-net-worth clients and prospects. Assists in the design, development and delivery of solutions that meet the client's complex balance sheet management needs while providing expert service and highly personalized interaction. Develops and executes a business plan to profitably grow overall banking revenue while maintaining adherence to the Bank's risk tolerance. Works collaboratively in the branch and regional teams to identify and make referrals. Makes credit decisions/recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank policy & procedures.
- Manages the retention and expansion of client relationships through a contact strategy and an ongoing review the client's banking needs.
- Coordinates client relationship management with the lead relationship manager for the assigned portfolio.
- Applies relationship management principles and techniques to an assigned portfolio of clients providing a value-added client experience.
- Acts as a secondary member of a client deal team in the facilitation of the desired client experience and to achieve business goals.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of financial planning principles, incorporating this into planning strategies to help clients.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Ensures high quality of information obtained to support decisions.
- Contributes to the assigned portfolio's profitability through expense control and profitable pricing practices for products and services.
- Negotiates appropriate pricing using discretion where required to build a profitable portfolio.
- Provides integrated and customized advice, and helps clients achieve their financial and personal goals using a consultative approach in customer conversations.
- Applies financial planning skills and concepts against each client's personal and financial situation.
- Acts as an ambassador to enhance BMO's reputation in the market.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures, guidelines, legal and ethical requirements and regulations including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy, and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all banking products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements.
- Ensures lending and non-lending decisions, prospecting activities are adequately documented; responds to questions and resolves issues raised through audits, quality checks and reviews.
- Manages risk and minimizes losses through monitoring and control reports, ensuring verifications are completed in accordance with guidelines.
- Documents and follows-up on any discrepancies to procedures, operational risks and escalates per guidelines.
- Performs sales and service support activities to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must meet the licensing and certification requirements for the team / branch / jurisdiction where the mandate is being fulfilled.
- Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the standards established within the credit qualification process, policies, and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of Personal and Commercial credit and non-credit products.
- Working sales and client service skills
- Working business development skills with successful track record
- In-depth relationship management skills.
- Able to work independently, resolving complex or ambiguous issues or situations.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
$54,500 - $78,000
The base salary represents BMO Financial Group's hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for part time roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked. Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group's total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: Total Rewards
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians