The Print Production Assistant will perform hands-on work with large scale printers, where the successful employee will print, cut, pack and prepare the marketing materials for shipping. There is also another element of the job which would require the successful candidate to perform some technical and administrative work on the computer in order to process data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare press-ready mechanical files which are technically correct and adhere to the specifications.
- Assist in printing, collating, distributing and gathering printed proofs.
- Operate / maintain print and finishing equipment and package shipments for safe arrival in an expert fashion.
- Ability to incorporate and implement revisions and comments while thinking creatively about the integrity of the design intention and established visual standards.
- Create immaculate production mechanical files from approved design layouts for review and final production.
- Understand color management and follow quality guidelines.
- Answer telephone inquiries and deliver outstanding customer service to clients.
- Follow work protocols to ensure all deliverables are prepared on time and error -- free prior to release.
- Effectively manage production schedule and production materials.
- Data entry, website update and other tasks as assigned.
- Organize and maintain all files, supplies and equipments.
- Work competently independently and as part of the team to meet deadlines.
- Perform other ad-hoc assignments and projects as requested.
Please note that this job description gives a non-exhaustive outline of the general duties and responsibilities of the position. It does not describe all the tasks in which the employee will perform. This list will be modified and updated periodically in relation to concrete situations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good hand-eye-coordination and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy and ability to navigate the internet.
- Diligent and reliable.
This position involves a Monday to Friday work schedule. Interested candidate may send their resume via email.
Posted: September 20, 2016
Closes:November 19, 2016