Position at Absolute Software
Do you want to be part of a team that is on the leading edge of innovation in endpoint visibility and control?Absolute is seeking an experienced Platform Software Engineer to build next generation platform features that support the Absolute cloud platform strategy. The ideal candidates will thrive in an Agile work environment requiring strong problem solving skills, clean coding, team collaboration and open communication. High standards for quality and an appetite for creating market-leading user experiences is a must.
The successful candidate will work on designing and coding platform and feature components with a team of local engineers. Within the team, the successful candidate will participate in conceptual development and software implementation for handing collection, processing, and visualization of hardware, software, information, and user insights. Candidate responsibilities will span the software development lifecycle, including writing design documentation, coding, unit testing, integration testing, debugging and troubleshooting, supporting customers, and maintenance. You will be responsible for improving the software development process of a dynamic team. Accountabilities Will Include:
What You'll Need:
- Design complex platform and feature components with a team of local engineers.
- Write code that adds next generation features against a roadmap that supports the Absolute cloud platform strategy.
- Automate testing and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
- Author software architecture and design documents
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Participate in peer reviews
- Collaborate with local and remote co-workers, mentor and coach
- Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
- Work with your scrum teams to continuously improve
Why Work For Us
- B.S degree in Computer Science is minimum, M.S. in Computer Science is preferred
- 7+ years of Java EE development
- 7+ years of working with Hibernate, Spring or similar JPA framework
- 7+ years of experience with a variety of persistence technologies (Relational and NoSQL)
- 4+ years with Message Orientated Middleware
- 4+ years of Open Source, Linux hosted, application servers
- Experience in an Agile development environment including writing unit tests
- Strong development experience with RESTful API's, OOD/OOP and multi-threaded application development
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
- Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Communication is crucial - so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020.
The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming