As a Principal Product Manager in Recruiting Engineering, for Amazon's new Central Amazon Sourcing Tool (CAST), you will define a new direction and experience for sourcing future Amazon talent.
A day in the life
You are in charge of defining new solutions to help Amazon hire the best. Your products will help hiring managers get builders in seats, help recruiters perform their jobs more efficiently, and help major recruiting programs scale their operations. You will partner with UX, engineering and key stakeholders to uncover problems, get to know your customers, set a vision, define solutions, execute new deliveries, and measure your impact. You own it end-to-end, from ideation to requirements to go to market.
About the hiring group
The CAST team is a multi-disciplinary team, made up of Product Management, Technical Program Management, and Software Engineering. The team is focused on building relationship management capabilities into our existing suite of hiring tools, as well as building, tracking and measuring candidate engagement.
As the Principal Product Manager, you will own the vision and strategy for every aspect of the product, from strategy to feature-level definition and a roadmap to scale. You'll make the tradeoffs that help us learn quickly, deliver value, and continue to iterate on a product that will have high visibility, with directors and VPs across Amazon. There will be a lot of ambiguity to work through, and we need your strong judgement and product skills to do it. Your primary customers are internal: the senior leaders who need to grow their teams.
Product management at Amazon is inherently cross-functional. The right candidate needs to be an owner of their portfolio; making strategic product decisions grounded in data. You will work closely with business teams, leaders, and dedicated user experience design and engineering teams in an agile development environment to launch new features and experiences. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of the project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and ensuring appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the project.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of Product Management experience in technology organizations.
• 4+ years working at a software company focused on customer experience with a large number of users.
• Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps and functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and informing user testing.
• Experience influencing and creating culture with Engineers and UX designers to solve core customer needs.
• Experience owning development of a product and working cross-functionally with UX design and software development teams to manage the day to day tactics.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units.
• Demonstrated track record of strong written and verbal communication to gain buy-in for product vision and crisply communicate product status updates.
• 4-year BA/BS required or equivalent years of industry experience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features.
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple high-complexity projects.
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills with the ability to successfully interact and influence across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers.
• Quantitative background with proven ability to synthesize and make sense out of huge amounts of data.
• Prior experience working as a software developer or UX designer.
• MBA preferred
Management and Executive