Interested in building a large scale net-new product at the intersection of advertising, retail and operations? Our mission is to allow customers to experience products for free, while helping brands achieve their objectives in the process. We're looking for an experienced technical product leader to lead a well-funded team on this greenfield initiative.
We want to make it easy for customers to try new products for free, by building an advertising product that allows brands to offer product samples to targeted customers that they want to attract/grow, and that allows these customers to choose what product sample they want to receive . Our team includes software development engineers, UX designers, program managers and product managers who are passionate about the numerous opportunities in that space.
As the Principal Product Manager on the team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the product - from vision and strategy, through to product and feature requirements. This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial product leader who loves to conceive and build products. We're looking for a self-starter with a curious mindset who enjoys operating autonomously. Someone who is comfortable with taking calculated risks, and thrives off the opportunity to innovate when dealing with ambiguity.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop a long-term strategy and vision to meet the needs of customers shopping on Amazon as well as customers of Amazon Advertising.
- Lead product and technology roadmaps from concept to execution
- Partner closely with engineers to evaluate and propose technical solutions, ensuring software architecture decisions factor in future customer requirements.
- Drive business inputs as part of a go-to-market strategy, including pricing, marketing and sales.
- Drive strategic product communications (e.g. decision narratives, investment proposals) with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and drive cross-team and cross-org alignment.
- Measure improvements and impact of changes by creating mechanisms to audit impact and perform necessary course corrections where needed to meet business objectives.
- 8+ years in product management, engineering or relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Track record of taking software products from inception to customer delivery.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or MBA from top tier school
- Experience in contributing to development of software products for ecommerce or advertising.
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams.
- Experience communicating with senior management (VP level decision-makers) as well as with colleagues from technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive