Amazon Future Engineer is a childhood to career program aimed at making sure more students, especially underserved, have access to high quality computer science education globally. We support young students with lessons and coding camps, high school students with full CS courses, and post-high school with scholarships and internships. See www.amazonfutureengineer.com. We're looking for a Principal Product Manager to support launching the program in Canada as part of our global expansion.
This role would collaborate with internal stakeholders including business teams, policy, PR, and employee volunteers to build high quality, scalable programs which will bring Computer Science education to thousands of new students in the area. In addition, this role will partner with local and national non-profit organizations to offer teacher professional development and curriculum to students. This role will require strategic planning, ability to manage a budget and implement programs at a large scale.
The right candidate will have a strong product and program management background and display excellent customer obsession. They will establish goals and develop mechanisms to report to stakeholders. They will work to refine processes with pre-existing non-profit organizations to ensure the program is reaching the right students and creating good outcomes for those selected. While there is a US program established, this role will have to deal with ambiguity and create a strategy customized to the student needs and education requirements in Canada.
Imagine coming to work contributing via Amazon Future Engineer to a life-changing opportunity that will impact thousands of future builders who will undoubtedly change this world for the better. If this of interest to you, apply today!
• Gather insights/customer driven research to provide strategic recommendation and plan toward launching Amazon Future Engineer in Canada.
• Present and align recommendation for buy-in from internal and external stakeholders, including non-profit partners.
• Establish cross organizational goals and mechanisms to engage and inform stakeholders.
• Work with PR, Marketing and Public Policy to build advocacy and awareness campaigns to inform more potential educators and students about the program(s).
• Support scaling and adoption by global Amazon Future Engineer programsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• 10+ years of professional corporate experience, ideally in HR, internships/recruiting, program management, or university relations capacity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to create and implement a large-scale program strategy
• An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
• Creativity and bias for action
• Experience working cross functionally and cross organizationally to complete a large project
• Experience supporting primary and secondary school students, defining ideal outcomes, and driving toward those outcomes
• Previous educator, CS ed, STEM experience
• Experience partnering effectively with non-profit organization(s)
• Computer Science, Bachelors or Masters degree
Management and Executive