"Alexa, help me transform and optimize my business leveraging AWS from a people, process AND platform perspective!" AWS is known for its unwavering customer obsession. Our Professional Services teams are on the front line of helping customers succeed using AWS and analytics services that align with the new ways of managing people and re-architecting critical processes to complement the new cloud paradigm.
AWS Professional Services team members leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies in collaboration with our sales and partner teams to propose, architect, and transformational and analytics solutions for customers. Helping make customer success a reality using AWS cloud as an enabler and seeing the impact in real-time drives our teams to explore new frontiers in leveraging AWS for our customers.
The CDA, Analytics is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. You will partner with a Professional Services leaders to dive deep into a customer's business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal and analytics Professional Services engagement. As a CDA you will remain meaningfully engaged with the customer, Amazon team and project/program to provide oversight resulting in -value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique and analytics expertise, hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
Do you have what it takes to bring yourself, your customers, and your team to the next level?
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or migrating, and analytics solutions to AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
• Participate in deep architectural discussions and exercises to create world-class and analytics solutions on AWS while ensuring such solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud and drive business outcomes
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
• In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
This is a customer facing role and when travel resumes, you will be required to travel to client locations up to 30% of the time.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs."We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessed.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Experience in selling and delivering business value to customers with Analytics solutions and developing enterprise and analytics strategy
• Consulting pre-sales experience and ability to sell $1M+ professional services engagements.
• 8+ years Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on Data Analytics or Machine Learning solutions
• Knowledge of landscape including the DWH/Spark/Hadoop Ecosystem and familiarity with on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
• One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
• AWS Certified Big Data-Specialty Certification is a plus
• Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
• Extensive pre-sales experience with large-scale -cycle lake & cloud warehouse consulting engagements
• Prior hands on experience in lake / warehousing , tuning and ETL/ELT process development
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse, BI reporting and dashboard development
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift
• Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges of Analytics in an enterprise environment.
• Ability to innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Ability to collaborate with Global and Enterprise account teams and sales leadership to drive adoption of Analytic Solutions into top accounts
• Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Analytics Cloud solutions
Location is flexible as long as you are located in Toronto, Vancouver, or Montreal.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.