The Primary Care Assistant (PCA) is responsible for greeting patients and providing telephone and face to face communication as the frontline worker of the clinic. Under the direction of the Clinic Manager, the PCA is also responsible for performing clerical duties such as processing dental claims to all the appropriate insurance companies, preparing estimates, receiving and processing payments from patients and insurance companies, providing statements and receipts, and obtaining pre-authorizations and post approvals from insurance companies. Qualifications
- Grade 12.
- Graduation from an Office Assistant Course from an accredited Community College plus two years recent, related experience in a health care setting.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
- Ability to communicate effectively using both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to type 40 WPM.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
- Ability to work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a fast-paced health care environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications, and specialized clinical information systems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
View Hazelton Community