Reporting to the Director, Commercial OR Retail Products, the Pricing Analyst
, Products (Commercial OR Retail) will support with the developing and ongoing maintenance of a new, central database for product as well as service pricing information for either the retail or commercial market portfolio. The role will provide pricing reports that aide support price negotiations with suppliers, as well as the alignment of our product screen and our pricing strategy through our store to the end-user.
The Pricing Analyst
will work closely with purchasing administrators, the product specialist as well as sales and marketing professionals to obtain information and maximize the effectiveness of the database and subsequent data metrics and reporting. The role will also own the handling of supplier provided rebates and their communication within Kal Tire.
- Design, create and provide the ongoing maintenance of a universal pricing database
- Collect, structure, analyze, and report on product data in support of improved decision making and process improvement on the Retail and Commercial product teams
- Maintain Product data integrity by ensuring the accuracy and consistency of input data; Audits data and troubleshoot irregularities
- Continuously learn and apply new ways to mine data and distill meaning out of available data
- Translates data needs and inquiries into actionable reports and visualizations to drive the effectiveness of product resourcing; produces analysis through technologies such as Power BI
- Oversight of supplier promotions and their communication within KalTire
- Build an internal and external network for pricing information
- Communication with internal stakeholders in regard to pricing for commercial product involvement
Reporting and Analytics
- Develop and maintain standard (monthly, quarterly, annually) and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, and metrics
- Develops meaningful product insights to support both the Director, Commercial/Retail Products and the Product Specialist roles
- Creation of reporting for the commercial products department with focus on, but not limited to pricing
- Collaborate with partners in IS/Business Intelligence to improve our HR analytic capability
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience in a Data Analyst role supporting reporting and analytics solutions or similar function in a medium to large organization
- Database administration exposure or participation
- Command of the English language, both oral and written
- Experience with Azure Data Platform including Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Analysis Services and PowerBI
- Advanced level knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience building interactive visualizations, dashboards and interactive reports
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build productive, sustainable, and collaborative working relationships with clients, management and peers
- An aptitude for learning and applying new analytic tools and methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- This position will require extensive interface with computer screens
About Kal Tire
- Exposure to the tire industry or a similar highly customer-service driven environment
- SQL experience preferred
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.