Working at Wild Renfrew is different than working anywhere else. We bring balance between the rugged west coast and a professional, organized work environment. Being a family owned business you'll quickly see what we mean when we say that Port Renfrew feels like home. We're way beyond working in an industry that's lacking soul.
Out here you'll have the 360 degree experience of being surrounded by nature, don't worry about housing though - we have accommodations available for a small nightly fee.
What You Do
As a rock star Prep Cook, you will be sustaining the community and our guests by creating great meals. You will represent the core Wild Renfrew family values by showing up warm, friendly, and genuinely interested in making the most out of each day. While upholding our standard of excellence your efforts will go into enabling people to make unforgettable memories.
What We Need From Our Prep Cooks
● Maintaining stations in an organized and productive manner.
● Perform portion control and minimize waste to keep cost within forecasted range.
● Adhering with company policies.
● Responsible for opening duties/closing and ongoing side work.
● Performs tasks/projects as assigned by Chef or FOH Leadership.
Qualifications and Skills
● Preferred but not mandatory minimum of one-year previous experience in related positions.
● Be able to multi-task and maintain a professional and calm demeanor while under pressure.
● Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Able to read, write, speak and understand English well.
● Basic knowledge of mathematics to make correct measurements of ingredients.
● Understanding of preparation techniques and knowledge of various cooking methods and procedures.
● Ability to follow a recipe.
● Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
● Physical requirements: walk or stand for long periods of time, bending, lifting up to 25kg. Be able to hear, speak and see without impairment.
● A love of food and desire to learn.
● A positive outlook and regard for the people you work with.
● Dedication to a clean, safe, and organized workspace.
● Aspiration to be part of a busy and expanding restaurant with a great family of staff.
● Food Safe Level 1 Certification - (you may schedule a test after confirmed hire).
***Accommodations available for a nightly fee
***Must hold a valid work permit or Canadian citizenship
#70 - Owl.co - How to Find Your Dream Company
About Wild Renfrew
Experience the adventure! Live and work at a remote resort on the West Coast of BC Spanning across the restaurant and hospitality industry Wild Renfrew hires many different positions. While work i...Read More