Closing Date: August 31, 2022
Teck is currently accepting applications for the position of Powerline Technician. Teck recruits proactively to build a talent pool for current and/or future opportunities.
Reporting to the line crew and Electrical Supervisor, Powerline Technicians are responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical distribution and transmission systems across the mine site. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Install and maintain electrical distribution and transmission systems
- Perform utility operator duties such as working with overhead and underground facilitie
- Operate equipment such as line truck, backhoes, and related line crew equipment
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Powerline Technician or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- The successful applicant will be required to work in and around equipment, at heights, and perform physically demanding work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team is required
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills. Past supervisory experience is an asset
- Adaptable and flexible to changing requirement
- Experience in power line construction is an asset
We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, whereyear roundrecreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. This position follows an attractive 5x2 schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada's largest diversified resource company and we think you'll find what you're looking for.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources .
#LI-KB1 Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Auto Technician, Electrical, Technician, Mining, Automotive, Engineering, Technology
Construction, Mining and Trades