4-month PowerBI developer contract with an enterprise organization who has made significant investments into PowerBI
- 4-month PowerBI Developer contract
- Enterprise organization with significant investment into PowerBI
- Full remote on-boarding capability
What & Why:
Our client has selected PowerBI as their enterprise reporting and analytics tool and as a result of this, they are looking to add a 4-month contract PowerBI developer to their team. You will be responsible for creating and managing PowerBI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. You will be working across the technology team helping to deliver BI solutions and dashboards for a variety of teams. You should have expert level PowerBI skills and the ability to translate technical jargon into nontechnical speak for a wide variety of stakeholders.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and have recently won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 is shaping up to be the largest year of their 20+ year history with major investment in technology as well as an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 4+ years experience as a PowerBI Developer
- Retail Industry experience is preferred but not required
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology