Our client, a non-profit organization based in downtown Vancouver, is looking for a Policy Coordinator to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an organization committed to making BC a better place!
Reporting to the Director, communications and public affairs Director of Communications, the policy coordinator is responsible for overseeing the development process for policies that guide the medical profession. The policy coordinator will ensure that standards are developed in accordance with best practices and the organizations policy framework, including research and analysis, facilitating consultation processes and the development of drafts, and version control and archiving. The policy coordinator will establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of external contacts, including patient advocacy groups, outreach coordinators in the health authorities, and other health partners.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct impact assessments of proposed new or revised policies to ensure issues/challenges are addressed while mitigating negative impacts
- Conduct regular scans of relevant environmental trends and issues, including regular monitoring of government transcripts, bylaw revisions, media reports, consultations by other partners, and literature reviews to confirm currency of existing policies and assess whether a new policy or a revision should be considered
- Manage the policies development process from start to finish; identify who, when and how to consult along the way, ensuring transparency, stakeholder accountability and increased awareness
- Compile and analyze feedback, identify themes, prepare a report for review with an internal working group or a committee of the Board, and facilitate the approval process
- Assess the success of the policy development process, measure outputs, identify how and when to communicate results of a consultation and widely promote a new or revised policy to increase awareness internally and externally
- Develop a tracking system to ensure appropriate version control and archiving
- other related responsibilities as needs arise, such as writing briefing notes, website copy, supporting documents, articles, or correspondence in response to a particular consultation process or policy
- In consultation with the director, make decisions based on the steps that guide the development of policies, the level and depth of research and analysis, the stakeholders, including identifying subject matter experts as needed and the methodologies and tools for effective engagement
- Master’s degree in public health policy or related graduate program preferred
- Experience working for a health authority, ministry or regulator would be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, methods and procedures applicable to research and policy development
- Understanding of International Association for Public Participation principles and how to apply them in a regulatory setting
- Interview and presentation skills
- Exceptional business writing skills
- Strong computer/web skills
- Ability to manage your own workflow and scheduling
- Able to develop project plans that are reviewed and approved by the director
- Able to effectively present and report to committees of the Board
- Able to identify appropriate software or web resources to support best practices in consultation
- Project management
- Able to establish effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts
Skills and Qualifications
Is this you?
Please apply online @ https://expertrecruiters.secure.force.com/ExpertRecruiters with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sarah-Ann McCabe, Recruitment Manager, quoting reference #2992-S, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.