POL SIH 27R - Senior Program Analyst CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
Policy Social/Info/Health R27 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$71,298.93 - $81,387.14 annually plus a 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
12/3/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
Community Care and Supports Services/Health Services Division Job Summary Senior Program Analyst
Policy Social/Information/Health R27
An eligibility list may be established.A dynamic role for a skilled analyst with excellent research and communication skills!
The Ministry of Health has overall responsibility for ensuring that quality, appropriate, cost-effective, and timely health services are available to all British Columbians.
The Health Services Division (HSD) leads the service transformation across the health sector, bringing together key mandated initiatives and specialized services for priority populations adding enhanced value and focus to health sector areas requiring substantive change. HSD is responsible for core service/policy development for specialized services (home and community care, residential care, mental health and substance use, wait times, surgical services, diagnostic imaging, cancer care, Hospital, Acute & Provincial Services) while ensuring a strong linkage to transformation activities and ensuring consistent and coordinated delivery of specialized services to patients.The Role:
In this role you will provide expert advice and recommendations, as the ministry specialist, regarding all aspects of residential care licensed under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act services and operations, and related legislation, regulations, programs and practices/
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact HLTH.HSDHR@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*Recent related experience must include:
- Master's Degree (may be preferred) in social work, social sciences, health sciences, psychology, public administration or related field and a minimum of 4 years recent related experience* OR
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, social sciences, health sciences, psychology, public administration or related field and a minimum of 5 years recent related experience* OR
- Diploma in social work, social sciences, health sciences, psychology, public administration or related field and a minimum of 6 years recent related experience* OR
- No degree and a minimum of 7 years recent related experience*
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience developing legislation, regulation and policy in the residential care sector (may be preferred), or health care/social policy sector OR experience managing or regulating residential care facilities
- Experience providing policy and issues-management advice to senior executives and preparing briefing materials
- Experiencing developing and implementing residential care policies and issues-management
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Valid Driver's License. Travel is a requirement of this position.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Health Services, Policy, Research and Economics