POL SIH 27R - Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Social/Info/Health R27
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually, plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division
Justice Services Branch/Indigenous Justice, Policy, and Legislation Division
Job Summary Senior Policy Analyst
Amendment (November 21, 2022): The salary has been amended to reflect the 19th BCGEU Main Agreement.
There are currently (2)temporary opportunitiesavailable until May 15,2024
An eligibility list maybe established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A dynamic role for a skilled analyst with excellent research andcommunication skills.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Indigenous Justice Strategy, the role of the Senior Policy Analyst is to coordinate and lead the research, analysis, development and implementation of strategic policies and legislation for the Indigenous Justice Strategy.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Education and Experience:
- Degree in public administration, business administration, law, economics, social sciences or *equivalent and5 years of related work experience.
- An *equivalent may include a combination of Secondary school graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent (GED) and supplemental training with at least 5 years of related experience.
Related work experience must include:
- Experience in the development of policy, regulation and/or legislation.
- Experience in planning and coordinating complex projects/assignments.
- Experience in concisely and persuasively writing a range of documents/content.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Individuals who self-identify as Indigenous.
- Experience working with Indigenous organizations and/or communities.
- Related experience in the Public Sector and/or Justice Sector
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information
section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC)
: YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Policy, Research and Economics