POL SIH 27R - Senior Policy Analyst ** CLOSING DATE EXTENDED ** Position Classification
Policy Social/Info/Health R27 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
8/2/2021 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Public Safety & Sol General Ministry Branch / Division
Policing and Security Branch Job Summary Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Social/Info/Health R27
An eligibility list to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies may be established.Bring your policy and legislation expertise to this exciting leadership role
The Policing and Security Branch within the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, provides central oversight of policing, law enforcement and the security industry in B.C. and develops and administers public safety initiatives dedicated to the protection of British Columbians.The Branch is responsible for ensuring adequate and effective levels of policing, and superintending law enforcement.The Strategic Initiatives unit functions to support this responsibility to ensure that policing programs and legislation are meeting the needs of all communities in BC.
The Senior Policy Analystdetermines and manages program priorities, plans, policies and initiatives. As theSenior Policy Analyst, youare responsible for leading the research, analysis, development and implementation of strategic policies and legislation for a significant ministry program. The role is responsible for oversight of development and implementation for projects or activities within the larger and more complex harm reduction and public safety environment and works with multiple partners and deliverables.In the role ofSenior Policy Analyst you willanalyze and develop strategic policy that leads to legislative change or significantly refines, enhances or improves upon the strategic initiatives in the Policing Security Branch.
Highly organized and results oriented, you are capable of meeting deadlines associated with multiple projects. With your excellent oral and written communication skills, you will be responsible for collaborating effectively with internal and external stakeholders. If you are an experiencedpolicy analyst with the initiative and project managementskill requiredto be effective in thisleadership role, we look forward to receiving your application.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sandra.Sajko@gov.bc.ca
DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Degree in business or public administration, law, economics, social sciences or related field, plus three years or more experience in progressively responsible positions developing policy, managing, evaluating and administering programs or initiatives.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders/Indigenous partners.
- Experience in planning and coordinating complex projects/assignments, including leading project teams and working groups.
- Experience in leading the development of legislation/regulations.
- Experience in concisely and persuasively writing a range of documents/content (examples: regulatory and legislative summaries, briefing notes, Cabinet submissions, Treasury Board Submissions, Requests for Legislation and public discussion papers.)
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Leadership and Management, Policy, Research and Economics