POL SIH 27R - Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Social/Info/Health R27
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Port Moody, BC V3H 5C9 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
MODELLING, ANALYSIS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT BRANCH
Job Summary Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Social/Info/Health R27
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and / or temporary opportunities. We currently have one (1) permanent opportunity and two (2) temporary opportunities until March 31, 2024. These temporary opportunities may become permanent. The locations listed above are to help applicants look for this opportunity.If there is a location not listed here that you want to inquire about, please email email@example.com
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity for a skilled analystThe Role
: To coordinate and lead the research, analysis, development and implementation of strategic policies and operational policies for MCFD's in support of the ministry's privacy management and accountability program and information management including records management and the implementation of the Information Management Act for the ministry, Indigenous Child and Family Service Agencies, service providers and partners.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*Related experience must include:
- Degree in public administration, business administration, economics, social sciences, or a related discipline and *recent, related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered
Preference may be given to applicants with 1 or more of the following:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the development, implementation and / or evaluation of policies and programs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in planning, coordinating and leading complex projects/assignments.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in concisely and persuasively writing a range of documents, including briefing notes, reports and presentations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing both written and verbal advice/recommendations to senior management, ministry executive and government officials.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with stakeholder engagement and relationship building.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Policy or project experience related to information management (e.g., records management, information access, privacy, security).
- Experience developing and implementing change, communications, and engagement strategies.
- Knowledge of the ministry mandate, service plan, legislation, programs, and initiatives.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Policy, Research and Economics