POL SC 27R - Senior Intergovernmental Policy Advisor - Amended Position Classification
Policy Analyst - Science R27 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually. In addition to this you will also receive a Temporary Market Adjustment (TMA) of 3.3% added to your base salary. Starting salary for successful candidates not currently employed with Provincial government will be $75,552.53 plus 3.3% TMA. Close Date
3/27/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Municipal Affairs Ministry Branch / Division
Islands Trust Job Summary Senior Intergovernmental Policy Advisor
Policy Analyst Science 27R
Amendment March 8, 2023: Closing date extended until March 27, 2023.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary or permanent full time or part time opportunities.
There may be some opportunity to telework (with some conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .It's Time to Preserve and Protect
Located in Coast Salish territory, the Islands Trust is a special purpose government responsible for protecting the unique amenities and environment of more than 450 islands and surrounding waters in the southern Strait of Georgia and Howe Sound. Created by the Province via the Islands Trust Act, Islands Trust plans and regulates local land use, cooperates with other levels of government and First Nations on key issues impacting the area, and protects land through the Islands Trust Conservancy.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to candidates with any of the following experience:
- A Master's degree in community, land use, or rural planning, social sciences, public administration, or related field, OR
- A Bachelor's degree in the above disciplines plus five years' of related experience including consultation with First Nations regarding land use planning and resource management.
- Minimum three years' experience in intergovernmental or interagency relations, including relationship building with First Nations and Indigenous Peoples.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with commissions, councils, committees, elected officials, senior staff and/or community partners to deliver results.
- An equivalent combination of experience and continuous learning may be considered.
- BC local government land use planning experience.
- Experience engaging First Nations regarding land use planning and/or natural resource management.
- Demonstrated experience working with Indigenous Peoples and First Nation governments in the Salish Sea region.
- Demonstrated senior level leadership experience fostering change and building awareness.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: YES
- Some overnight travel is a requirement of this position.
- Possession and maintenance of a Class 5 BC Drivers' License.
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) is required.
- Please submit a cover letter. Statements made in the cover letter must be supported by your resume.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. If you do not include a month and year that indicates a start and end date, years that may be viewed as partial years will not be counted towards your experience.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): NO
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.Job Category
Policy, Research and Economics