POL SC 27R - Policy Analyst - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED AND LOCATION INFO
Policy Analyst - Science R27
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually plus Grid 27, 3.3% TMA
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
IROD, Engineering Branch
Job Summary Amendment January 10, 2023: Closing Date Extended to January 27, 2023 Amendment January 26, 2023: Closing Date Extended to February 17, 2023 and location information added. Policy Analyst
Policy Analyst - Science R27
This position can be performed from any of the following communities : Victoria, Prince George, Kamloops, Nanaimo
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Other locations may be considered subject to Ministry operational requirements. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working from that location could be considered.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
This position acts as a senior policy expert in the Engineering Branch which is key to the program's delivery of the Ministry's goals and objectives. This level is characterized by the requirement for significant experience in development of Ministry engineering policy which is linked to provincial legislation and the Engineering Branch's standards. This position is the lead provincial authority in this subject matter and plays a critical role in achieving the priority goals and objectives of the Ministry in the area of resource road administration and management. This position will provide expert advice and specialist services to managers and line-staff on a Ministry-wide basis.
This is your opportunity to build your career and to gain a better understanding of all the public service has to offer, such as competitive employee benefits , amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with an award winning employer. The BC Public Service encourages a healthy work/life balance that enables you to take advantage of the community and surrounding area in which you live. For more information, please visit What The BC Public Service Offers You.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.For specific position related enquiries, please contact Joe.Kenny@gov.bc.ca
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Degree or diploma in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) or Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC).
- At least four (4) years or more of experience coordinating or participating on forest engineering projects, and working in an engineering services program.
- At least four (4) years or more of experience in developing guidelines, policy and/or procedures relating to forestry roads design, construction, maintenance, deactivation and/or administration.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- More years of experience of any of the above.
- Experience leading and working with committees consisting of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with practices related to forest road administration, design, construction, maintenance and deactivation
- Experience with the Forest and Range Practices Act, Forest Planning and Practices Regulation, Forest Road Use Regulation.
- Experience working with common and statute laws, relevant resource sector legislation and processes for legislative development.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO
-Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics