Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or designate, installs, alters and maintains plumbing and gas, water, sewer and sprinkler systems and ancillary equipment. Consideration will be given to applicants who have sprinkler fitter experience but do not possess the red seal certification.
- Installs, alters, repairs and maintains plumbing and hot water heating, equipment, devices and fixtures.
- Installs, alters, repairs and maintains piped and containerized gas systems, equipment, devices and appliances.
- Installs, alters, repairs Fire sprinkler systems.
- Designs projects, reads and interprets drawings and specifications and prepares cost estimates.
- Directs, assists and liaises with employees, contractors, regulatory agencies and other trades, as required.
- May on occasion be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or the equivalent
- Successful completion of the B.C. Apprenticeship Program and a valid B.C. Trade Certification as a Plumber/B-ticketed Gas Fitter and Fire Protection Sprinkler Fitter
- Two years related experience at the journeyman level
- Physical capability to perform the job duties
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver's License
- Competent in the use and care of tools and equipment common to this trade