PLNG O 24R - Planner 2 Position Classification
Planning Officer R24 Union
GEU Work Options Location
Gabriola, BC V0R 1X3 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$73,855.42 - $84,134.34 annually Close Date
6/6/2023 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Municipal Affairs Ministry Branch / Division
Islands Trust Job Summary Planner 2
Planning Officer R24It's Time to Preserve and Protect
Located in Coast Salish territory, the Islands Trust is a special purpose government responsible for protecting the unique amenities and environment of more than 450 islands and surrounding waters in the southern Strait of Georgia and Howe Sound. Created by the Province via the Islands Trust Act, Islands Trust plans and regulates local land use, cooperates with other levels of government and First Nations on key issues impacting the area, and protects land through the Islands Trust Conservancy.Job Requirements:
Preference may be given to candidates with the following experience:
- A university degree in planning or a related field such as geography or urban studies, and a minimum of three years' land use planning experience;
- Experience working in a BC local government planning office;
- Experience processing land use applications including Official Community Plan (OCP) and Land Use Bylaw (LUB) amendments, development permits and development variance permits, subdivision referrals, and Agricultural Land Commission referrals;
- Previous involvement in OCP or other community planning processes;
- Membership or eligibility for membership, in the Canadian Institute of Planners.
- Possession and maintenance of a Class 5 BC Drivers' License.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.About this Position:
There is currently1 temporary opportunity available until December 22, 2023 and may become permanent. An eligibility list may be established for future temporary or permanent full time or part time opportunities.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more . How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: YES
- Please submit a cover letter. Statements made in the cover letter must be supported by your resume.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. If you do not include a month and year that indicates a start and end date, years that may be viewed as partial years will not be counted towards your experience.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): NO
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Policy, Research and Economics