Our client, a tenured food manufacturer who services B2C and B2B channels is seeking a Plant Manager to manage, direct and coordinate overall facility operations; assure safety, continuous improvement, quality, cost and production objectives are met or exceeded. Provide coaching and leadership to team members in the areas of safety, continuous improvement, productivity, quality, cost, equipment reliability, and employee engagement. Success relies on the ability to build relationships and fully engage all employees in business improvement.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Achieve performance, quality and safety standards and ensure achievement of manufacturing goals.
- Provides guidance to the manufacturing process plan; including personnel requirements, material needs and facility needs.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Lead continuous process improvement within plant operations.
- Ensure compliance of all SQF, & HACCP programs, provincial and federal laws and regulations. Commitment to superior quality and safety.
- Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including enforcing safe work practices.
- Assure that organizational production objectives are met.
- Address safety, production, quality, personnel, customer and regulatory issues in a timely fashion as required.
- Continually coach, direct and train employees utilizing Lean principles.
- Monitor employees’ work performance and attitude and perform formal reviews as required by policy.
- Coach and counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job skill deficiencies.
- Conduct regular meetings with plant staff to ensure all operational issues are being communicated and addressed expediently with a common understanding of goals.
- Assist in developing and responsible for budgets, policies and procedures.
- Utilize P & L results and key performance indicators to improve plant performance and profitability.
- Maintain area in accordance with SQF standards and enforce product safety and sanitation regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, ideally in Science, Engineering or Operations Management
- 5-10 years of in a leadership role in food manufacturing
- Advanced skills in all MS Office applications
- Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement preferred
- Proven the ability to monitor and track KPI's
- Ability to improve SOPs (Standard Operating Proceedures)
- An innate curiousity and interest in developing a high performance team
- Experience in talent recognition and development.
- Can foster symbiotic relationships with a cross functional leadership team
We thank all candidates for their application. However only those short listed will be contacted due to the high volume of applications.
Manufacturing and Production Restaurants and Food Service Management and Executive