Plant Manager - Forestry
Salary: $100,000 plus
Location: Prince George, BC
Do you have a proven track record of as a Plant Manager of a large forestry operation? Can you drive change and encourage a safe work environment? Have you proven through experience that you can uncover ways to improve production resulting in increased operational profits? Are you a Plant Manager with proven experience in managing all aspects of operations, finances, safety and customer service? Our client needs you!!
This company, with eight divisions, is a large multifaceted, family run organization based in the northern British Columbia area. This particular division requires a Plant Manager capable of change management and leadership, an individual that has previously turned around a plant and flipped it upright once again. This organization has a need for a progressive Plant Manager who will be a problem solver, business leader and change agent. They are an industry leader when it comes to environmental stewardship and energy conservation.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the entire operations of the plant, ensuring that corporate business objectives are achieved while operating within company policies. This individual will have up to 8 direct reports in several different areas of the organization, so it is vital that this leader be well versed in dealing with different types of personalities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day operations management, leading a large group of managers, supervisors and their teams
- Budget analysis and productivity tracking reports
- Maintaining a safety and environmental awareness focus and constant ongoing monitoring
- Be the driving force of encouraging change for the betterment of the company
- Operational analysis, review and process improvements for increased efficiencies
- Constant communication to senior level management regarding performance changes
This role will ultimately be accountable for end results, while promoting a positive work environment and friendly, upbeat culture. The Plant Manager will be the glue between corporate and production teams.
To be considered for this role you must have
- 5+ years in a leadership role as a plant manager ideally in forestry sector, but open to transferable knowledge and industries (manufacturing and production)
- Strong sense of bigger picture, business matters (not caught in tunnel vision)
- Experience as a change agent and comfortable in this positon
- Willing to mentor ad coach all direct reports and their teams
- Promoter of Safety and Environmental stewardship
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $100,000 and up (depending on experience)
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- full benefits package (MSP, health, dental, phone ,RRSP plan, plus more
- bonus plan in place
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: [email protected]
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca
to apply online. If you would like to speak with me directly regarding this role, please contact Brett Kuseler at 604- 689-8687x 226
or email me directly at [email protected]
for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.