Are you considering a career change? We are coveting an experienced Plant Manager to manage their facility in the Greater Vancouver area. For over a century this international provider of building materials has been serving North America by supplying cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete and asphalt.
Reporting to the VP - Cement Operations, this position is responsible for the overall performance, operation, and management of the Cement Plant.
- Manage the operations and maintenance staff to ensure timely production and distribution of products within quality standards, high uniformity, and optimum production costs
- Proactively manage the safety and health of employees to continuously improve the company’s safety and health performance
- Responsible for the development and execution of annual operating plans
- Oversees the development and supervises the execution of Capital Expenditure plans
- Reviews cost reports to locate excessive expenses and take necessary corrective action
- Prepare short and long-range development plans
- Establish goals that reflect continuous improvement in plant operations
- Assure environmental compliance and clean plant operations
- Train and develop supervisors to provide management depth; provide motivation and career enhancement for all employees
- Review requests and make decisions regarding the purchase of new equipment and supplies
- Participate directly in labour relations, including grievance handling; member of the contract negotiating team
- Managing and motivating a staff of approximately 100 skilled workers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering preferred
- Prior experience with increasingly responsible positions within the cement industry; a minimum of 10 years’ experience required.
- Complete understanding of the cement manufacturing process and experience with cement production technology
- Strong knowledge of modern maintenance technology and methods
- Demonstrated ability to optimize production costs
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of union contracts and/or prior experience working in a union environment strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of safety and environmental regulations
- Highly competitive base salary
- Significant bonus based on a hybrid of personal and corporate performance
- Company vehicle
- Tier 1 benefits
- Future growth opportunity
- Commitment to ongoing personal and educational advancements
For more in-depth information on this opportunity please submit your resume to this advertisement. We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your career. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Construction, Mining and Trades Manufacturing and Production Management and Executive