Express Employment is now recruiting for a Surrey Biofuels Plant Manager with an innovative and fast growing organic waste treatment company. Our client is seeking a focused, adaptable individual to join their team.
Overall purpose of the role
Responsible for the day to day management of the Facility. The Facility operates as an anaerobic digestion and composting facility, with the goal of making biomethane for the Fortis BC grid and compost for the agriculture industry. The main goals of the position are to ensure that biomethane and diversion targets are met, maintain facility H&S and environmental compliance, ensure staff, contractors and visitors are managed through company policies and procedures, and utilize staff and continuous improvement techniques to achieve budgetary and production targets.
• Manage plant performance targets with Operations Manager, ensure checks are in place to monitor efficiencies and productivity
• Manage the testing and sampling regime for off-take products, ensure material quality is at an agreed standard.
• Complete and close out actions identified through internal and external audits, and internal continuous improvement program.
• Ensure that KPI reports are completed on time, prepare commentary on your business’s performance and forward the reports [with updates on previous weeks’ actions] to Senior Management.
• Ensure that the requirements of site permits and certificates are met; include key requirements in local operating procedures.
• Identify under-performing assets for evaluation, identify potential business improvement projects and assist in the preparation of business case papers, assist the Maintenance Team Leader in identifying the appropriate replacement capital for lifecycle projects
• Ensure site purchasers use approved suppliers, obtain sufficient quotes for one off purchases, ensure that company procedures on procurement are followed.
• Identify requirements for new staff, ensure that job adverts are placed, interview and suggest recruitment and ensure that all necessary new starter paperwork is sent to Human Resources.
• Identify relevant skills and training requirements for staff, prepare local operating procedures and risk assessments as part of staff training and development.
• Ensure that all budgeted posts are correctly manned. Ensure that any gaps in staffing are highlighted to the Operations Manager, control overtime and agency expenditure in line with business needs
• Ensure that mobile and static plant are operated safely and efficiently
• Ensure that all appropriate Health and Safety controls are in place, including: Risk Assessment, Operating Procedures, Statutory Testing, Fire Safety equipment and records, operator qualifications, safety inspection checks, control of PPE, suitable traffic management controls.
Experience, Education & Qualifications
• Ideally, BS/BA, preferably in Process Engineering with 2+ years of supervision/man-management experience, or 7+ years of managerial process management/waste management experience
• Experience of working in Waste Management, Mining & Quarrying or other Processing Industry
• Class 5 drivers licence
• Good understanding and appreciation of Health and Safety
Please submit your resume, we thank all that apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About Express Employment Professionals
As a full-service staffing company, Express Services Inc. provides cost-effective solutions to assist client companies with their staffing needs, helping their business meet its bottom-line objecti...