Salary: $100,000 plus
Location: Prince George, BC
Do you have a proven track record of as a Plant Manager of a large manufacturing operation? Are you keen on leading a fast growing division of an organization that has multiple areas of specialties? Are you a Plant Manager with proven experience in leading the charge in terms of change management? Perhaps this is the role for you…
This company is a large multifaceted organization based in the northern British Columbia area, with eight divisions, has been experiencing some rapid growth. This particular division is widely recognized as the leader in manufacturing and distribution of a full range of premium lumber products, engineered wood products, and prefabricated structures. This organization has a need for a progressive Plant Manager who will be working closely with the leadership team to develop the team in the production facility.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the entire operations of the plant, as well as working with the senior level management team to reach business objectives. This individual will have a number of section leaders reporting to this role, while creating and implementing plant goals and business targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing overall philosophy and company culture of teamwork, safety and environmental practices
- Creating annual budgets and tracking monthly performance results
- Be the driving force of encouraging change for the betterment of the company
- Coaching and mentoring of a large production plant team
- Determining how business is currently being run, and what can be done to improve and grow results
- Act as the company’s liaison with government contacts
This role will also be accountable for creating new processes and ultimately end results. Further to this strategy will be developing and implementing KPI’s and generating the next leaders for the organization.
To be considered for this role you must have
- 8+ years in a leadership role as a plant manager ideally in manufacturing operation
- Strong understanding of both technical and modern management skills
- Experience as a change agent and comfortable in this positon
- Strong focus on Safety and company culture
- A progressive history of growth and increasing responsibility throughout your career
- Leadership and managerial skills to achieve best performance results from production staff
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $100,000 and up (depending on experience)
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- full benefits package (MSP, health, dental, phone ,RRSP plan, plus more
- bonus plan in place
HOW TO APPLY:
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Posted: September 20, 2016
Closes:November 19, 2016