Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for theseventh time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path?West Fraser’s Williams Lake division in BC has an opportunity for a highly skilled:PLANT ACCOUNTANT
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, this role will gain exposure to the full cycle of accounting and all matters impacting the financial team on site.Specifically, the role will be responsible for:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Preparation and processing of various month end duties including journal entries, financial statement package, related mandatory reporting and general ledger reconciliations
- Involvement as a key member of the management team on site
- Coordination and compilation of annual business plan
- Assisting mill management in department cost control, cost/benefit analysis and providing financial information and recommendations
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or be enrolled in the CPA program
- A strong computer systems skill set
- Well established organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- A detailed and proactive approach to work
- A high level of motivation
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance