Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Supervisor/Planner with our Maintenance team. As the Mechanical Supervisor/Planner you will apply your knowledge of pulp mill processes/equipment and mechanical trades while supervising multi-trade crews engaged in maintenance and project work.If you are interested and qualified, here are some of the main components of the job:
- At Canfor, Safety comes first. Safety must mean a lot to you and you must create a high level of awareness in the pulp mill environment. This includes compliance with all occupational health, industrial and safety policies.
- Working with your area Maintenance Supervisor, you are responsible for planning and scheduling optimization of operational equipment to ensure most uptime for mill equipment.
Here are the abilities you possess and role expectations:
- You promote a safe work environment and ensure safety work orders are met by team members
- You will work within the Natural work team to review work requests daily, and within this team, execute planned work, as well as organize any emergency repairs
- You have exceptional skills to prepare, plan, and schedule maintenance on operational equipment including scheduling of personnel
- You are responsible for planning major maintenance outages
- You have the ability to research required equipment for maintenance repair, working closely with the mill buyer
- You have knowledge of maintenance management systems and use them to assist in coordination of work orders
- You will support Canfor Pulp’s business goals and KPIs
- You will identify and recommend preventative measures to be implemented that is cost-effective within the pulp mill
- You continually meet deadlines with quality and timely results
- You will work closely with Planners from different departments allowing you to share best practices and techniques as well as have opportunities for peer coaching
- You are the liaison and point of contact for outside contractors
Hiring for this position is on-going. Please apply today!
- Post-secondary education in a technical field or a trade qualification, preferably in mechanical trades
- 3 – 5 years of maintenance planning and scheduling experience, preferably in a pulp mill environment
- Pulp mill process and equipment knowledge along with experience with maintenance management systems, specifically Synergen
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and computers – Microsoft Project is an asset
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Prince George, BC
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George offers an affordable quality of life. Prince George is home to the University of Northern British Columbia, which is known as the "Green University". This city was also the Official Host of the 2015 Canada Winter Games. This region’s temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity.
For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!