Our client, a dynamic plaintiff personal injury law firm located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, is seeking an intermediate level legal administrative assistant who will be responsible for performing full clerical, administrative and general office work related to the day-to-day support for lawyers, paralegals, case managers and clients.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain lawyers’ calendars and a bring-forward tracking system for limitation dates and follow-up dates;
- Draft and edit various legal correspondence and documents including Orders, Lists of Documents and Bills of Costs;
- Request and facilitate various document productions;
- Open and close files;
- Schedule phone conferences, client meetings and other appointments for clients, lawyers and case managers;
- Select, review and assemble key documents to be included in medical briefs provided to experts;
- Organize and assemble materials contained in the physical file and prepare file materials for client meetings;
- Maintain electronic filing systems and BF’s;
- Sort and process incoming mail including, handling of medical legal reports, clinical records, wage loss and liability documents;
- Professionally communicate with clients, defense counsel, court registry, process servers, investigators and various experts;
- Perform the majority of tasks associated with preparing lawyers and files for Examinations for Discovery, Mediations and Trials; and
- Complete regular file reviews and prepare various interoffice memos to monitor file progress and alert team of any issues on the file requiring attention.
Education and Experience
Graduation from a Legal Administrative Assistant Program from an accredited college with at least 3 - 5 years of LAA experience in a personal injury firm.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and adept at setting priorities;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Passionate about providing superior client service;
- An energetic self-starter who initiates and anticipates needs;
- Ability to creatively solve problems, make decisions, facilitate and manage deadlines;
- Exceptional flexibility and adaptability to an ever changing work environment;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Strong communication skills;
- Confident and dependable with strong ability to work both independently and in a team; and
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Primafact, Amicus, and PC Law.
Interested candidates please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Posted: December 10, 2018
Closes: February 8, 2019